9 Recognition of Prior Learning: An assessment resource for VET practitioners - 3rd Edition (2012)
This publication replaces the 2008 2nd edition. It was developed by the Department to provide RTOs with an up-to-date, streamlined guide to Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) within VET assessment strategies.
The purpose of the guide is to:
- define the nature and role of RPL in the VET context
- demonstrate RPL's relationship to the other forms of assessment carried out by RTOs
- show how RPL relates to assessment of competency as described in Training Packages
- promote the use of a range of alternative methods of task based assessment and pathways to achieving recognition of skills
- provide developers with guidelines for the development of quality, holistic assessment tools
The Publication also contains some templates which may prove useful when adapted to meet RTO assessment requirements. To view and download the templates in Word document (.doc) format, click on the links listed below.
Download this publication.
< > <-->